Blog Post #3

Amazing Hour 
Background
The purposes for this article is to share with everyone my experience from being away from my phone for an hour. Since the beginning of middle school I had been exposed to technology. I learned how to live and be accustomed to using such a device to help me throughout my days. I use it for homework, communication amongst my friends, as a clock to help wake me up, to listen to my music, search up the latest news and to help navigate me throughout places that are unknown to me. Being away from my phone for even fifteen minutes gives me anxiety because i feel a sense of loneliness.

Experiment
I decided to conduct this experiment prior to falling asleep on Sunday September 30 right after work when I had gotten back to my dorm. I had arrived back to my dorm around 10 p.m and decided to do my daily night routine without any music or face-timing any of my friends. My phone kept going off with snapchats and instagram notifications and it took some strength for me no to cave in. Eventually when the notifications stopped I had forgotten about my phone 40 minutes into he experiment. And rather than watching videos on my phone before falling asleep I decided to color in my coloring book that my sister had given me when I entered college. I had fallen asleep earlier than I usually would fall asleep, which was around 12:10. Surprisingly though it felt weird and empty I was able to end the night without going on my phone 

Reaction 
The morning I felt I was able to wake up without feeling tired per usual. Normally at night I am too tired to move around, but I tend to watch videos on my phone which prolongs me being awake. This results in me not sleeping until 2 a.m this experiment really showed me that I shouldn't be on my phone especially when I need to get work done the next day. I am trying to limit myself every night before going to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #5